Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rare sightings in Australia


Kidding, it's not really Aussie style
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,


(Although this one if mostly for the ladies - and gentlemen who want to know what not do!)

I don't know if any of you have had the possibility of sapping through my first-arrival-at-australia-pictures a.k.a "Soph goes DownUnder to AussieLand" album(on facebook!). I had some intense photos in there(the ugliest eatable wiener I've ever seen, but we'll save that for another day) of the latest 'Australian style' - see picture 1.

Today I was walking out of class and saw a sight that made me wish and beg I could get my hands on my so-rudely-stolen iPhone, in order to to capture that breath taking moment. I actually resented myself for not staying on the new wave of digital media and buying a new iPhone! An ancient Nokia just doesn't do the trick anymore! 
Funny looking, huh?

Today was a hot day, people were walking in all to short shorts and t-shirts. Quite ordinarily... the site that attracted my eyes was not that of a bad hair-do as seen on the photo, was not a cool print on a t-shirt or a style I wished I could pull off. So what did I see? I wish I had a picture to show you!

Today I was walking out of class, and I see quite an average looking white male about five foot seven, wearing a laid back t-shirt with some print on it, some cool summer shorts and UGGS! Full on brown, long UGGS! I had never thought of this before, but uggs are definitely womens footwear. 

So much for Kodak capturing the moment, you need iPhone!

Spotted!



Note* After writing this I googled male UGGS, and they do exist! But they shouldn't...

5 comments:

  1. No ugg boots on men, and no ugg boots in the summer!

    Hope your classes are good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering.... but thought, okay, she thinks she's awesome she thinks she's awesome, no worries :P Hope you're bringing some Aussie slang back with you :)

    ReplyDelete