Sunday, November 14, 2010

The tales of Camping and the Porty Potty



I went camping this weekend to Rainbow Beach, amazing place! Beautiful scenery. I had a great great time, met some great people. Truly fun experience. We went to some dunes(picture below) and it was absolutely amazing. The beach was perfectly clear and at perfect temperature. I'd recommend it to anyone, it was fantastic!
Anyways, I recently read a blog post (http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/) that black people don't camp, apparently it's a caucasian trend. Who knew? Quite entertaining I must say but this has absolutely nothing to do with this blog entry.

I like the relaxed feeling of just hanging out by the ocean and the camp site.  I like nature. I got some new pets, 4 turkeys (Michael, Thanksgiving, Peter and Pancho) and a frog (Frank). I almost walked in to what I am convinced was probably the most dangerous spider in the southern hemisphere. Not a problem! When nature calls, then I got a problem. Camping and bathrooms, oh my goodness! Camping, bathrooms and heat, oh my double goodness!! Not pleasant, pretty much sums it up.
Frank was cuter

Today I wanted to share with you some of the observations I made this weekend:

1. I didn't see any black people camping
2. Going to the bathroom while camping can easily become a phobia
3. People have a strange tendency to take their dogs to the bathroom..?
4. Why not provide some light in the porty pottys, so as to avoid using the senses of touch and smell
5. I am happy wet nappies were invented

My recommendation: Take your own bathroom and while you're at it, take your own shower too.



No comments:

Post a Comment